Computer Science, in its essence, can be thought of as problem solving. Computer scientists must be adept at modeling and analyzing problems and then designing and developing solutions. Computer science has a wide range of specialties including computer architecture, software systems, graphics, artificial intelligence, database systems, security and many others.
Top 10 Reasons to Major in Computing
- Computing is part of everything we do!
- Expertise in computing enables you to solve complex, challenging problems.
- Computing enables you to make a positive difference in the world.
- Computing offers many types of lucrative careers.
- Computing jobs are here to stay, regardless of where you are located.
- Expertise in computing helps you even if your primary career choice is something else.
- Computing offers great opportunities for true creativity and innovativeness.
- Computing has space for both collaborative work and individual effort.
- Computing is an essential part of well-rounded academic preparation.
- Future opportunities in computing are without boundaries.