Every year the Computer and Information Sciences (COIS) Awards Committee has the pleasure of selecting the John P. Russo and William J. Knight Scholarship recipients. COIS faculty congratulate the scholarship recipients and applaud their achievements.
- Purpose: The John P. Russo Fund for Academic Excellence and William J. Knight Scholarship have been established to provide financial support to current undergraduate (B.S. in Computer Science and B.S. in Informatics face-to-face) and graduate (M.S. in AMCS with Computer Science and Data Science focus areas) students majoring in Computer and Information Sciences (COIS) at IU South Bend. The basis for these awards is demonstrated potential for academic excellence in COIS. The awardees will be selected annually by the COIS Awards Committee.
- To learn more about Emeritus Prof. Russo visit his profile page
- To learn more about Emeritus Prof. Knight visit his profile page
- To donate to the scholarships visit the Give Now page
- Who can Apply: Current Undergraduate and Graduate Students
- Deadline: March 15
- Scholarship Amount: Varies (typically $500 to $3,000)
- Application and detailed requirements: 2018-19 Application
- List of Past Scholarship Winners
- Awards Ceremony: Awards are typically presented at the CLAS Honors Night during the academic year when the award funds are disbursed, which is held on the Thursday evening before graduation. In addition to the Award Certificate is typically provided by the Department and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, the scholarship recipients typically receive a cash award between $500 to $3,000.
Every year the Informatics Awards Committee has the pleasure of selecting the Informatics Scholarship recipients. The criteria for selection of the scholarship winners is primarily based on high school academic achievement. The Informatics faculty congratulate the scholarship recipients and applaud their achievements.
- Purpose: The Informatics scholarship has been established to provide high achieving incoming highschool students majoring in Informatics at IU South Bend with financial assistance in completing their degrees. The Scholarships will be awarded through the Informatics Committee.
- Who can Apply: High achieving high school students who are applying to the Informatics progam
- Deadline: Jan 16, 2018
- Scholarship Amount: A total value of up to $30,000 over four years (Award will cover the actual cost of tuition and fees up to $7,500 annually; renewable up to 4 years.)
- Applications and detailed requirements: 2018-19 Application
*Covers up to $7,500 per year for 4 years. Covers full-tuition for 12-18 credit hours as of 2017-18 academic year
Students in CS and Informatics can apply for the following scholarships Apply
The Lynn R. Williams Dean's Scholarships in Natural Sciences
The Gerkin Scholarship
Who can apply: Undergraduate students with strong academic record.
The Bender Scholars Program
Who can apply:Distinguished multidisciplinary undergraduate student with strong academic record.
The J. Wesley and Roberta Robbins Scholarship
Who can apply:Preference will be given to undergraduate students who exhibit an interest in the interaction of science and religion.
For more information about the above CLAS scholarships visit
Indiana University South Bend
Northside Hall 301A
1700 Mishawaka Avenue
Phone: (574) 520-5521
Indiana University South Bend1700 Mishawaka Ave
South Bend, IN 46615